Where am I?

It's been almost seven year since I left São Paulo, and driving here, which used to be second nature, is now done with some measure of stress.

I´ve been happy though with my sense of orientation, which didn't suffer from the years away. I am still able to find my way in the city in the most remote places, even under rain and at night.

Or so I thought...

My friend Kleber was kind enough to give Carla and I a ride last night - since I didn't have access to the car and Carla's foot is hurt, keeping her from driving. On the way back from Carla's place, Kleber took Bandeirantes Ave. towards the airport thinking that we were going home. He was lucky I was there to show him the right way -- he did a u-turn and soon enough we were headed to Vila dos Remédios.

Except that 15 minutes later, we saw the airport. We then realized that we were headed the right way in the first place and I had indicated the wrong path.

Sleepy, in the rain, and worst of all, 7 years of biking in Montreal and I still thought I knew better than a guy that spends ours per day braving the traffic jams and potholes of our hometown.

Sorry Kleber, you are such a good friend for giving me a ride and I pay by making fun of you for not knowing the way - when you actually knew it.

Next time, I will keep my mouth shut :-)

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Le Jeu de Robin et Marion

Atomium, Flea Market, Fête de la BD... biking around Brussels

Languages of Privacy