A poem

Why didn't I know about this? Why don't we all know?
I need to cry for all to hear, announce what I found out
We can't just silently take blows

I close my eyes and shout, I cry for all to hear
I feel a hand on my shoulder

--Open your eyes and stop crying
You need a pen, a computer, a chunk of clay
write it all, write, write, write, write
if you write, perhaps your words will stay
and another voice in another time will respond to your appeal
Shouting lasts for a few seconds, if you shout, who will hear?
If you write, maybe you will start to heal

The blows make me shout, my words can't stop the bleeding

--The blows are loud, the dust is thick
no one hears or sees through it
while you write the dust will set and the air will quiet down
no one will hear, but someone might read

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Le Jeu de Robin et Marion

Atomium, Flea Market, Fête de la BD... biking around Brussels

Pesquisando minhas origens