Going to Europe

It's a dream coming true! This fall, Jon and I are moving to Europe for at least two years. I got accepted to a Marter's program in Theatre with a scholarship from the European Commission.

The program is called Master Conjoint Erasmus Mundus en Étude du Spectacle Vivant. I presented a proposal to study the history of women's roles and contributions to performing arts in Brazil, culminating with a piece based on the findings of my research.

I am very excited to study more in depth the partitipation of women in the performing arts in my home country. The idea came from an experience I recently had, teaching theatre to kids there.

I am very curious to bring to light works by women and about women that portray us in a less stereotipical way. I feel an urgent need to contribute to changing the mainstream focus on sexual objectification of women's bodies that is present in Brazil today.

Brazil has a rich folklore. I hope to get inspired by characters and stories from such popular sources and write a feminist show. Let's see where this journey takes me.

Don't get too scared by the F-word here. Feminism, as I see it, is a way of thinking that promotes equality based on gender - it does not mean the dominance of women over men. It means that no matter what sex organs you have between your legs or the use you decide to make of them, you should be treated with the same respect as anybody else.

Europe, here I go!

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Le Jeu de Robin et Marion

Atomium, Flea Market, Fête de la BD... biking around Brussels

Pesquisando minhas origens