iPhone fix - Trying and Failing so far


You heard about the cracked iPhone glass in my last post. Jon and I decided to try and fix it the cheap way. I cut a piece of plastic in the shape of the iPhone screen (it was hard, but I managed) and we started the fixing process.

That was just terrible.

First, the attempts to remove the broken glass with a razor blade just didn't work in our case. The glass was not shattered enough, so the digitizer and screen would not come apart. In trying, I broke the corner of the digitizer and then Jon started losing hope. His turn to try comes and we decide to take the phone further apart not to risk damaging the other components. Then it's his turn to make a probably fatal (at least we think so) error. When he tried to remove the LDC, the connector got stuck and he tried a little bit too hard, breaking off the clip that holds the connector together.

It's worth to note that this clip measures about 3 x 1 mm, which makes it pretty hard to handle. It looks like something really hard to replace (not sure even a Genius would have the tools/parts, but we can't take the phone to Apple because the phone is: 1) taken apart, 2) jailbroken, 3) unlocked). OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I don't want to give up just yet, so I bought a replacement screen kit on eBay for $18 and will try to hold the connector together with some sort of tape or glue... I don't know if this will work, but I think the iPhone is worth the 18 bucks bet.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Le Jeu de Robin et Marion

Atomium, Flea Market, Fête de la BD... biking around Brussels

Pesquisando minhas origens