Home Gardening and wanderings

Summer is approaching and the mood is getting better. School will soon be over for me (I can't wait to be free of classical music theory, seriously). I have been looking for a job lately, but with all my travel plans I am making it hard for people to want to hire me. Anyways, maybe everything will be easier once I am back from my wanderings.

Speaking of wanderings, I am going to bathe in two different oceans in less than a month. Yeah, I will not only go to Brazil for a couple of weeks in early June, but before that Jon and I will take a trip to Victoria.

Jon's family has an organic farm in the outskirts of Victoria and his mom invited us to come over and check it out. Of course she wanted us to help around too, this time of the year is very busy with preparation and seeding, the more hands the merrier.

I am looking forward to learn about organic farming, I have been curious about the subject since my friend Ana told me about her experience picking raspberries in BC a few years ago (she's a forestry engineer and did some volunteer work while she was spending time here in Canada). Apparently the benefits you get from it are not only good wholesome food, but also psychological. It's a very grounding experience.

I am very interested in earth subjects lately because I have recently started a home garden in my front yard here in Montreal. Actually, I should not take credit for it alone, Jon and Aaron are also sharing the responsibilities with me.

We have 5 different herb plants and last Tuesday I planted 3 zucchinis. We also intend to have tomatoes (which were grown from the seeds by Aaron and will be transplanted soon from their pots) and pole beans. I, being a city girl from the cradle, am very excited to eat veggies grown by my own hands. I will let you know how they taste once we harvest them.

Cheers to home grown veggies!

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Le Jeu de Robin et Marion

Atomium, Flea Market, Fête de la BD... biking around Brussels

Pesquisando minhas origens